The following questions can be used for short
essays for your kids or just for Googling around. They are sort of "why
is the sky blue?" type of questions, but more obscure. The source can
be things you read in newspapers, magazines, or on the web. Please suggest
new ones. When I get enough, I'll put them in a database for random selection.
1. Why is purple the color chosen by royalty?
2. Why did J.S. Bach die penniless?
3. What country has the most pigs per capita
4. How many stars are visible to the naked eye?
In our galaxy? In the universe? If you could fit all the stars that are
visible to the naked eye in a teaspoon, how big would a sphere with
all the stars be?
5. What is form spam and how do you combat it (without
6. What is CAPTCHA? Hint: it is an acronym.
7. What is an indictment? What does it show?
8. What is so great about California?