John's sermon on Sunday gave his take on what makes a happy person.
He likes lists and these are the eight things he discovered from
research and personal experience.
1. Happy people are predisposed to seek out and undertake new goals in life.
2. Happy individuals are high in self-worth and self-esteem.
3. Happy people have an honest view of themselves.
4. Happy people tend to be inner-directed, self-trusting, and more autonomous.
5. Happy individuals tend to feel in more control of their lives.
6. Happy people worry less than most people.
7. Religious practices show a positive relationship to happiness.
8. There is a high activity level for happy people.
For the full exegesis (your vocabulary word for the day) you could listen
to John's full
John quoted Abraham Lincoln: "Most folks
are about as happy as they
make up their minds to be."
I'll quote Herbert Weiderman: "You're
either living or dying -- take